I love this delicious and beautiful cake! In the past I’ve always stuck with 2 or 3-layer cakes that I can decorate pretty with piping or fruit. Naked cakes (like this berry cake) are fun, easy and beautiful.
This cake gets it’s name for a reason! Chocolate poke cake with caramel and sweetened condensed milk, topped with fresh whipped cream and heath bits.
THE BEST CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE
- 1 chocolate cake , baked in a 9×13” pan
- 1 recipe caramel sauce , or one 16oz jar caramel topping
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 heath candy bars , chopped*
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9×13 pan.
- Allow cake cool for about 5 minutes, then poke holes in it with a fork or the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- Immediately pour caramel sauce all over the cake. Then pour the sweetened condensed milk (I only usually use about 1/2 of the can of sweetened condensed milk because I think it’s sweet enough with just half. But, the traditional recipe uses the entire can. It’s up to you!)
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- While the cake cools, add the whipping cream to a mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks.
- Add powdered sugar and then beat the mixture until stiff peaks. Smooth the fresh whipped cream over the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with heath candy pieces. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to one day, before serving.
- Recipe Notes
- *Heath bars also makes a bag of chopped heath bits. It can be found near the chocolate chips at the grocery store. I use about half of the bag for this recipe
- Don’t miss my tips for making this cake -> found in the post above.
Recipe Source : Better than Anything Caramel Cake @ tastesbetterfromscratch