This smoothies high in protein and vitamins, low in fat, and most carbs come from fresh fruit. The best thing is that it’s absolutely delightful. Your kids will love it. I am pretty sure they’ll say it tastes like melted fruit gelato. There is nothing better than starting a day with this healthy and nutritious drink.
I like to use a lot of strawberries in this smoothie. Strawberries are delicious on their own, and the extra berries really make this smoothie shine. I use two heaping cups of fresh strawberries per one cup of yogurt and one banana. Plain Greek yogurt adds a bit of tartness. Adding two teaspoons of honey, maple syrup or white sugar will balance it out. If you like your smoothie even sweeter, add another teaspoon or two.
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and rinsed)
- 1 banana (firm, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tsp honey (or maple syrup, or white sugar, plus more to taste)
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- Drop all of the ingredients into the blender jar and blend on the highest speed for 40 seconds. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source : Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie @ ifoodblogger