These deliciously easy, no bake treats have a crumbly Oreo crust and crunchy choc topping made with chocolate, peanut butter and rice cereal.You’ll love these gorgeous no bake Rice Krispie Bars. With an Oreo cookie crust and a crunchy topping made with chocolate, peanut butter and Rice Krispies, it’s the perfect 6 ingredient dessert.
Add peanut butter of course! So now we’ve got a sweet, salty, crunchy treat. And there was only one more way to make these bars even better. And that was by adding an Oreo crust.
PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIE BARS RECIPE
No bake chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie bars with an Oreo crust
- 300 grams (approximately 30) Oreo cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality milk chocolate
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 120 grams (3 cups) Rice Krispies or Rice Bubbles
- Lightly grease and line an 8 inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Add Oreo cookies to food processor and whiz until crushed into fine crumbs. Pour over butter and mix well. Place your crumbs into your prepared pan and press down gently to form one even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Add milk chocolate and dark chocolate to a heat-proof bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Pop back in the microwave until smooth if it’s still lumpy.
- Add rice cereal to a large bowl. Pour over melted chocolate mixture. Stir quickly to completely cover cereal in chocolate. Pour over Oreo crust and smooth the top with a small spatula or the back of a dessert spoon.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares and store slice in the fridge.
Recipe Source : PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIE BARS @ sweetestmenu