The next big thing in tortillas – these paleo sweet potato tortillas are a grain free, dairy free, nut free, eggless option that will blow flour or corn tortillas out of the water. Vegan and allergy-friendly and just a few simple ingredients for paleo tortillas you enjoy now or freeze for later use!
This was a spur of the moment ‘maybe-this-could-work’ type of idea that sprung up on me right in the middle of nap time (aka my daily sanity hours) and had me mulling over it all evening – eager to get in the kitchen after the kids went down for the night to get tortilla testing! I am officially I’m a food geek.
Paleo Sweet Potato Tortillas Recipe
A grain free tortilla recipe with simple ingredients. These paleo sweet potato tortillas are sweet yet savory. A perfect addition for breakfast, lunch, dinner!
- 1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- *optional spices to add: cinnamon, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne
- Combine the mashed sweet potato, tapioca flour, coconut flour, salt, and any additional spices if desired. Mix well until a thick dough forms
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of the sweet potato dough and roll into a ball, then place on parchment paper (grease paper lightly for best results) and flatten until very thin, with uniform thickness throughout
- Heat a pan over medium heat (spray lightly with oil if pan is not non-stick). Once the pan is hot, carefully peel off the tortilla dough from the parchment paper and place into the pan. If the tortilla has any holes, quickly cover with a thin piece of extra dough over top and flatten slightly (being careful not to burn your fingers)
- Heat roughly 2-3 minutes, until the tortilla starts to ‘bubble’ slightly, flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes
- Serve immediately or cool and store in the refrigerator or freezer for later use
Recipe Source : Paleo Sweet Potato Tortillas @ physicalkitchness