This Paleo Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup is the perfect easy dinner. Ready in 30 minutes, so delicious, and healthy. Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and low carb !
One of the huge adjustments of this diet is no garlic or garlic powder! I was used to adding that to everything and without it some recipes taste kind of flat. Well, I discovered garlic infused oil is allowed and it’s been a life saver! I’ve been using it for so many recipes to add that distinct flavor and it’s working.
This soup is naturally gluten free, using coconut milk makes it dairy free and it also happens to be Whole30. But it is comforting, warm, and no one will guess it’s “health” food. The combination of garlic, tomato, and basil is so perfect and satisfying. I know we are coming out of soup weather, but I think this is good enough to make even in the summer. Maybe with fresh tomatoes? That would be delicious!
PALEO CREAMY CHICKEN TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
- 2 14.5oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup bone broth or water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- In a large stock pot or cast iron brasier, combine the tomatoes, broth or water, pepper, salt, basil, and garlic oil. Str together and place the chicken in the mixture, covering the pieces as much as possible.
- Cook on medium heat, covered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, take out chicken and set on a plate, and blend soup with an immersion blender.
- Add in coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Cut up cooked chicken and add back in. Cook on medium for 5 more minutes and serve.
- Top with addition basil and garlic oil if desired.
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Place tomatoes, water, pepper, salt, basil, garlic oil, and chicken in the Instant Pot. Stir well and place the top on. Secure it and make the the valve is closed. Hit the “manual” button and reduce time to 7 minutes. Once done cooking hit “cancel” and release the valve.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and chop. Blend the soup with an immersions blender. Add in the coconut milk and chicken and cook (sauté) for 5 minutes.
Recipe Source : PALEO CREAMY CHICKEN TOMATO SOUP @ realfoodwithjessica