Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak Bowl uses already-in-your-pantry ingredients to make a quick and easy favorite even better. If your family wants traditional cheese steak, just warm up a few hoagie rolls and everyone’s happy!
In this version, we have grilled peppers, mushrooms and onions as a base- you can also roast these in the oven rather than grilling them if you prefer, but they are delicious AMAZING grilled. Just sayin’.
Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Bowl Recipe
World domination one low carb philly cheesesteak recipe at a time. This one with grilled peppers and onions, the requisite provolone cheese and ground beef. Yes, it really is that easy.
- 1 pound lean ground beef grass fed if available
- 1/2 cup lower sodium beef broth
- 1-2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium onions
- 3 green bell peppers
- 5-6 mushrooms halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- salt and pepper as desired
- Brown the ground beef in a nonstick skillet.
- Drain excess fat from skillet and add broth and worcestershire sauce to beef. Continue to cook on medium until liquid is absorbed. Salt and pepper beef as desired.
- Turn heat off and arrange cheese slices over ground beef – cover pan and allow cheese to melt.
- Cut peppers and onions into large pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add mushrooms and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.
- Grill veggies over medium heat until crisp tender, turning as needed. (Or roast in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until crisp tender)
- Divide veggie mixture between 4 bowls. Top with beef divided equally among bowls.
Recipe Source : Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Bowl @ easyhealthllc