Low Carb cauliflower breadsticks withresh herb garlic, and lots of ooey gooey cheese a top a cauliflower crust looks and tastes like cheesy bread !!
When you can’t eat bread, either because of allergies, diabetes, or you are choosing to be on a low carb diet, this recipe for Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks will put a big smile on your face and help you stick to that new year’s resolution! This is one of my favorite low carb recipes that make me feel like I’m indulging.
LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS RECIPE
- 1 head cauliflower raw
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese shaved
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Rice the cauliflower by coring it and breaking it into florets. Then place it in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it is the texture of rice. (If your cauliflower seems excessively moist, squeeze the riced, raw cauliflower in a paper towel to help remove moisture.)
- In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together. Place the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle about 9×7″ and 1/4″ thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into ‘breadsticks’. Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite Red Sauce and enjoy!
The number of breadsticks per serving will vary based on how thick of thin you cut the breadsticks. To control serving size, cut the sheet of cooked breadsticks into fifths first. Then cut each fifth into breadsticks.However many breadsticks you cut from each fifth is the number per serving – based on the breadstick size you like.
Recipe Source : LOW CARB CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS @ floatsco