Get excited for the best BBQ side dish you will ever make! This baked potato salad is the perfect side dish next to bbq chicken, cheeseburgers, or would make a great meal prep lunch. It is a loaded baked potato salad packed with bacon, cheddar cheese, pickles, hard-boiled eggs, and more!
We don’t discriminate against any spud at any time, but today the star of the show is this baked potato salad. This baked potato salad is perfectly creamy, crunchy, sweet, and tart all at the same time.
BAKED POTATO SALAD RECIPE
Get excited for the best BBQ side dish you will ever make! This baked potato salad is the perfect side dish next to bbq chicken, cheeseburgers, or would make a great meal prep lunch. It is a loaded baked potato salad packed with bacon, cheddar cheese, pickles, hard boiled eggs, and more!
- 1/2 lb. cooked bacon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups chopped Idaho potatoes, 1.5-inch cubes (skin on)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
POTATO SALAD SAUCE
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons avocado mayonnaise*
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons dill pickle juice**
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Begin, by cooking bacon by following our How to Cook Bacon in the Oven tutorial.
- Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add potatoes to the pot. Boil until potatoes are cooked, but still firm.
- While potatoes are boiling, mix all ingredients for the potato salad sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done cooking, remove from heat and strain water.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl along with the hard boiled eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, and chives. Mix well.
- Finally, pour potato salad sauce over the potato mixture and mix until sauce is covering all of the ingredients. Mash the potatoes with a wooden spoon (just a little bit) to create a creamy potato salad consistency.
- Eat immediately or chill in the fridge to eat cold for later.
Recipe Source : HEALTHY BAKED POTATO SALAD @ fitfoodiefinds