This Pizza Taquitos are first brused with melted garlic butter, then stuffed full with mozzarella and pepperoni after that fried to perfection and dunked in warm pizza sauce , sounds incredible right ??
These pizza taquitos are so fun for a party or get together, and are super quick to make. We’re talking like 15 minutes! Start by getting the oil in your frying pan nice and hot. Melt your butter and then mix in the garlic and parsley. Line up your tortillas and spread them with the melted butter. I like to use thick, taco sized tortillas, so that the outside has a crunch, but the inside is still soft. In these pictures, I used the Trader Joe’s truly handmade flour tortillas, and I think they are perfect!
GARLIC BUTTER PIZZA TAQUITOS RECIPE
Pizza taquitos are first brushed with melted garlic butter, then stuffed full with mozzarella and pepperoni, fried to perfection, and dunked in warm pizza sauce.
- Canola oil for frying
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 8 taco sized flour tortillas (I like the thick ones for this recipe)
- Package of pepperoni slices
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Jar of pizza sauce for dipping
- Using a heavy bottomed pan, heat enough oil to come 1 inch up the sides of the pan over medium high heat
- Melt butter and mix in garlic powder and parsley
- Using a brush or a spoon, spread the melted butter onto one side of each tortilla
- Lay as many pepperoni slices as you’d like on the buttered side of the tortilla
- At the top of the tortilla, lay one thick line of shredded cheese
- Roll the tortilla tightly so that the cheese is in the middle (tip: At the very end of the roll, place a small amount of shredded cheese before you close the tortilla. It will help the taquito stay together when it is fried!)
- In batches of two to three at a time, place taquitos seam side down carefully in the oil
- Cook for about one minute on each side or until outside becomes golden. (Note: I don’t like my taquitos super crispy, I prefer them a little soft on the inside. Make them as crispy as you’d like!)
- Remove from oil onto a paper towel lined plate
- Enjoy with warm pizza sauce for dipping
Recipe Source : GARLIC BUTTER PIZZA TAQUITOS @ thefoodgirl