This quick and Easy Creamy Lemon Broccoli Pasta can be ready in 25 minutes, or less! Al dente pasta tossed with broccoli and an easy sauce made with ricotta cheese, then finished with crispy lemon breadcrumbs. This fast and flavorful pasta is a weeknight dinner winner!
These creamy noodles are super satisfying, yet lightened up. Basically, this lemony pasta is a healthier and easier take on Alfredo with some spring/summer vibes thrown in for good measure.
Easy Creamy Lemon Broccoli Pasta Recipe
This quick and easy Creamy Lemon Broccoli Pasta can be ready in 25 minutes, or less! Al dente pasta tossed with broccoli and an easy sauce made with ricotta cheese, then finished with crispy lemon breadcrumbs. This easy pasta is a weeknight dinner winner!
- 12 ounces Linguine or Spaghetti*
- ½ pound Broccolini – roughly chopped*
- 2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- ½ Cup Dried Breadcrumbs *
- 1 Lemon – zest and juice, divided
- 2 TBS Fresh Parsley – chopped, plus more for serving
- 2/3 Cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese *
- 2 TBS Pine Nuts toasted
- ¼ Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- Optional for serving: Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Lemon Wedges
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta to al dente according to package directions. During the last 2-3 minutes, add the broccoli to the water.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking: Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add in the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Transfer to a plate and mix with lemon zest and parsley. Set aside.
- Toss the hot pasta and broccoli with the ricotta, lemon juice and enough of the pasta water to create a sauce*. Add the breadcrumbs and toss throughout.
- To serve: Divide the pasta among serving plates. Serve topped with pine nuts and parmesan. Enjoy!
- While I used linguine in this recipe, you can use any type of pasta you prefer! Just make sure you cook the pasta to al dente according to directions on the package. Do not overcook your pasta!
- You can use any type of dried breadcrumbs you would like in the recipe below. I used panko breadcrumbs because I like their texture and size best.
- Make sure you use a good-quality, whole milk ricotta cheese! Since the ricotta cheese mixed with some of the reserved pasta water is what makes the sauce, do not skimp on the quality of the ricotta cheese.
- While you should always make a recipe your own, and I encourage you to add as little, or enough pasta water to create a sauce as thick, or thin, as you prefer. With that said, in case you need an approximation, I used about 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water.
- While the crushed red pepper flakes are listed as an option, I highly recommend adding at least a pinch! The heat from the pepper flakes cuts through the creaminess of the pasta and adds a little something special!
Recipe Source : EASY CREAMY LEMON BROCCOLI PASTA @ nospoonnecessary