Cauliflower Rice with Mushrooms and Feta! – This combo will make you quickly forget it’s cauliflower and not rice! A huge tasty helping of this stuff clocks in at only 99 calories a serving, and it’s a big serving!
The mushrooms and the thyme give it an earthy flavor and the feta? Well everyone knows feta makes everything beta!
Easy of course…I mean super easy!
Cauliflower Rice with Feta and Mushrooms Recipe
A quick, healthy and flavorful dish made with cauliflower rice, feta, mushrooms and thyme.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms sliced or quartered
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower rice fresh or frozen (does not need to be thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock low sodium
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- In large skillet heat olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and onion, sauté until onions are translucent. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, cauliflower rice, salt and pepper.
- Saute until cauliflower is slightly tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add stock and thyme.
- Continue to cook until cauliflower rice is fully tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. About 5 minutes.
- Add feta and taste. More salt? pepper? thyme?.
- Garnish with additional thyme and a bit more feta if desired.
If you are Paleo, Whole30 or on any other eating program that restricts dairy, simply omit the feta. The flavor is still fabulous!
Fresh or frozen (unthawed or thawed) works, just increase the cooking time a bit if working with frozen.
Add more veggies! Carrots, broccoli, leeks are a few that come to mind.
Recipe Source : CAULIFLOWER RICE WITH MUSHROOMS AND FETA @ laughingspatula