Y’all are in for a treat today! This Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze are going to rock your world
They’re seriously to-die-for delicious and of course they’re just about as skinny as you can make them and still have all the flavor!
Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze Recipe
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C applesauce
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites
- 2 2/3 C flour
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice about 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 overripe bananas- add one at a time
Browned Butter Glaze:
- 1/4 C butter browned on stove
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp lowfat milk
- Blend for 2 minutes on high to mix well, batter will appear glossy.
- Place half the batter into a gallon ziplock baggie, snip the end off, fill donut pan 2/3 the way full or pour into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees.
- Donuts 7-9 minutes, muffins 18-20 minutes.
- Donuts are done when spring back with a light touch and lightly browned.
- Muffins are done when an inserted toothpick removes clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out on rack to finish cooling.
- In a small sauce pan on melt butter over medium high heat, watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color and nutty aroma remove from heat.
- Whisk in 1 C powdered sugar at a time, adding 1 Tbsp milk as it thickens; adjust milk as necessary so it’s thick enough to stay on top of donuts.
- Add vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle hot over the tops of donuts or muffins.
- Will set as cools so work quickly.
- Cool and Enjoy!