These Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes are a simple cheesecake batter baked in a standard muffin pan, and no waterbath or other special equipment is required. The pans are lined with muffin wrappers, which make them easy to remove after baking, and a graham cracker crumb mixture is pressed into each one.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- small pinch salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
- 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp sour cream or greek-style yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8 cups of a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, make the graham cracker crust. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt and stir to combine. Pour over melted butter and stir with a fork to moisten the crumbs.
- Place about a tablespoon of crumb mixture in each of the prepared muffin cups and pack down into an even layer.
- In a large bowl, make the cheesecake. Cream together cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Place 1 tbsp chocolate chips into each of the muffin cups. Evenly divide cheesecake batter between the muffin cups, covering the first layer of chocolate chips. Place another tbsp of chocolate chips on top of the cheesecake batter in each of the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheesecakes are set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan, then carefully transfer cheesecakes to a cooling rack to cool completely before refrigerating.
Recipe Source : Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes @ bakingbites