This recipe is a must make – super tasty. I actually made it into fried chicken burger’s and every single person raved on about it!
- ½ cup (110G) yellow miso paste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- ¼ cup (60ML) mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 800G skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2cm wide strips
- Vegetable oil , for frying
- ¾ cup (110G) self raising flour
- ¾ cup (150G) cornflour (cornstarch)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, for sprinkling
- Baby mint leaves
- pickled ginger
- ½ cup (150G) Japanese mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- 2 teaspoons yellow miso paste
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Place the miso, ginger, garlic, mirin and vinegar in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the chicken, toss to coat and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and set aside for 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with the oil and place over medium heat until the temperature reaches 180°C (350°F) on a deep-frying thermometer. Place the self-raising flour and cornflour in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Place the marinated chicken in the flour mixture and press to coat.
- Cook the chicken, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel and keep warm.To make the miso mayonnaise, place the mayonnaise, mustard, miso and vinegar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle the chicken with the cayenne pepper and serve with the mayonnaise, mint and pickled ginger.
Recipe Source : CRISPY MISO AND GINGER FRIED CHICKEN @ donnahay