Summer cooking is all about keeping it simple. No fussy sauces or heating up the kitchen, just good food made from fresh ingredients. This simply grilled salmon with a tangy and refreshing cucumber salad over top, is just that.Grilled Salmon with Creamy Cucumber-Dill Salad!!
And this Grilled salmon with a tangy and refreshing cucumber salad over top makes a light and easy weeknight dinner.
FOR THE SALMON
- 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE CUCUMBER-DILL SALAD
- 1 English cucumber (also called hothouse cucumber)
- 1/3 cup finely sliced red onion, from one small red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann’s or Duke’s
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the cucumber in half and then slice each half down the middle lengthwise. Use the tip of a teaspoon to scoop out the center seeds. Cut each half into thin slices and place in a colander along with the red onion slices. Toss with salt and let sit in the sink for at least 30 minutes, until the water drains out.
- In the meantime, make the dressing: combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, dill, garlic, sugar and black pepper in a medium bowl and mix well.
- When the cucumbers and onions are ready, release any excess water by tapping the colander on the base of the sink, then use a large wad of paper towels to pat the vegetables dry. Add to the dressing and toss well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Clean the grill rack, then brush lightly with oil. Close the lid and let return to temperature.
- Rub the salmon with olive oil and season generously with kosher salt (about 3/4 teaspoon) and pepper.
- Place the fillets skin side down and grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 4-5 minutes (resist the urge to peek or flip early; when fillets are nicely seared on the first side, they should release easily).
- Flip the fillets over and continue grilling until done, 2-3 minutes. Let cool slightly, remove the skin if desired,
- Serve with the cold cucumber-dill salad piled over top or alongside.
Recipe Source : Grilled Salmon with Creamy Cucumber-Dill Salad @ onceuponachef