This Homemade Naan Bread Is Soft, Chewy, And Simply Delicious. You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is To Make And Will Want It As A Side To Every Meal. This Naan Recipe is so simple, and so delicious!
You start by making a basic yeast dough. Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in a large bowl and let it sit for a few minutes. Then add oil, yogurt, egg, salt, and enough flour to form a soft dough. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it and let it raise till doubled. Cut the dough into eight pieces. On a floured surface, roll each piece into a circle about 6″ across.
HOMEMADE NAAN BREAD RECIPE
This homemade Naan Bread is soft, chewy, and simply delicious. You won’t believe how easy it is to make and will want it as a side to every meal.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2-3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (optional)
- Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl; let sit for five minutes or till bubbly. Add olive oil, yogurt, egg, salt and 2 cups of flour. Stir till smooth.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead a few times on a floured counter until smooth.
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat.
- Cut dough into eight pieces. On a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 6″ circle.
- Add a little oil or non-stick spray to the skillet. Cook each circle for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on the bottom. Flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Brush the top (the bubbly side) of each naan with melted butter. I added garlic to my butter, but that is optional.
Recipe Source : NAAN BREAD RECIPE @ lilluna.