Just made the egg drop soup. Went exactly by instructions. So delicious! Next time I may add a small amount of frozen peas and frozen corn as a soup I’ve eaten before called Egg Flower Soup, which is an egg drop base with peas, corn, and slivered carrots. Again, thank you again for sharing this recipe. Will definitely be a keeper.
Quick, easy and comforting this Egg Drop Soup Recipe is as simple as they come with great flavor that will warm you up on a cool day!
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2-1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 green onions chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In pot on stove add your broth, ginger and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Mix together your water and cornstarch and add to boiling broth and stir, reducing heat to medium.
- Using a whisk slowly pour in your beaten eggs into your broth and stir clockwise until all eggs are added.
- Whisk in (in the same direction) your chopped green onions, salt and pepper.