This was delicious! The meatballs were fantastic, so much flavor! This one is saved to my favorites!
This Low Carb Meatball Casserole Recipe is absolutely fabulous in every way imaginable! You really can’t mess up this recipe in any way. These ingredients together equal heaven here on earth. It’s a clear winner with the whole family! It’s amazing how excited one gets over a low carb or keto friendly recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef I used 85/15 blend
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated or shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds substitute for breading
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning blend
- Low Carb Red Sauce Spaghetti or Marinara
- 2 Cups Cheese for the top of the casserole
- Fresh basil for a topping
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray
- Use a food processor to crush the pork rinds.
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the red sauce 2 cups cheese and fresh basil that is set aside for the casserole) for the meatballs. I use my hands to mix all these ingredients.
- Use a small cookie scoop and make small meatballs (all the same size)
- Place the meatballs in a casserole dish and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Remove them from the oven and drain the grease.
- Top with the low carb red sauce and cheese and put them back in the oven.
- Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with a side salad or over zoodles and enjoy!