If you love chocolate and peanut butter, do not miss these quick and easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Shortbread. A favorite one-bowl dessert!
Shortbread serves as a base for this chocolaty pecan toffee. Pecan-Toffee Shortbread makes excellent food gifts, but make extra because it’ll be hard to give this sweet treat away.
FOR THE SHORTBREAD:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- about 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
TO MAKE THE SHORTBREAD:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until thoroughly mixed. Add the cornstarch, vanilla, and salt, and mix well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, and mix just until combined. Stir in the peanuts. The mixture will be crumbly but should hold together when pinched.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper. Use your hands to press the dough together and pat out to a rectangle about 11″x 14″.
- Transfer the parchment paper and dough all at once to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips over the top of the shortbread.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the chips over the top of the shortbread until they’re melted and smooth. Sprinkle the peanuts over the top.
- Allow the topping to set before cutting into bars.*
*These can be cut in several different ways. I prefer squares, but don’t forget about triangles, rectangles, and more.
Recipe Source : Pecan-Toffee Shortbread @ myrecipes