This classic Southern recipe is an easy and tasty way to put a quick dinner on the table. Not only is this a feel good comfort food kind of meal, but paired with a nice green salad it makes for an easy dinner your seafood loving family will love!
Cheesy Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Cheesy Shrimp and Grits combines succulent tender shrimp cooked to perfection in a tangy spicy sauce over creamy cheesy polenta.!!
- 15 ounces seafood stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup grits I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or bacon grease
- 1 lb shrimp shelled and deveined large raw shrimp
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced, should be a heaping teaspoon
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce i.e. Tabasco
- 4 tsp lemon juice usually equivalent to the juice of 1 whole lemon
- In a medium saucepan, bring the stock, white wine, water, and salt to a boil.
- Whisk in the grits and cook over moderately high heat. Continue to stir periodically until thickened and the grits are tender- about 5-10 minutes total. Add the cream, butter and cheese and gently stir. Cover and remove from heat. Set aside.
- To cook the shrimp, heat oil (or bacon grease if available) in a large skillet over medium high heat. Coat shrimp with black pepper and cook in skillet, turning only once after it starts to turn golden brown. Stir in remaining ingredients to create a sauce.
- To serve, spoon the warm cheesy grits into a bowl and top with shrimp with a bit of sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe Source : CHEESY SHRIMP AND GRITS @ selfproclaimedfoodie