Mushrooms are one of my favourite foods and they go so well with garlic and butter! These mushrooms are simply coated in a butter and garlic sauce, along with a bit of thyme, topped with breadcrumbs and parmesan and baked until the mushrooms are tender and the bread crumbs are nice and golden brown and crispy! These crispy, buttery, melt in your mouth mushrooms are the perfect side for any meal!
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (or breadcrumbs; gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggino (parmesan), grated
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish, spoon the mixture of the butter, garlic and thyme onto the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400F/200C oven for 10 minutes before sprinkling on the mixture of the breadcrumbs and parmesan and baking until lightly golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.