Full-flavored delicious Oven Cooked Barbecue Brisket marinated overnight, and then cooked on low heat yielding a smokey tender flavor!
The aroma was amazing while cooking and I knew this would be another tasty meal, so I asked if I could share it with all of you! It is important that this brisket bakes on low heat in the oven after an overnight seasoning with liquid smoke. The slow process breaks down the tough meat yielding very tender slices of beef.
DELICIOUS OVEN COOKED BARBECUE BRISKET RECIPE
- 5-6 pounds brisket
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 ounces liquid smoke
- 1 ounce Worcester Sauce
- 1 cup prepared Barbecue sauce (your choice)
- In a small bowl whisk together celery salt, garlic powder and onion salt. Season both sides of the brisket. Place meat in a foil lined baking pan that is enough to fully enclose the meat. Pour Liquid Smoke and Worcester Sauce over the meat and as it drips to the side lift meat up so the liquid also seasons under the meat.
- Crimp the foil tightly over the meat. Return to the refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Bring the meat to room temperature (30 minutes) and bake at 275 degrees for 5 hours. Remove foil and pour about 1 cup of barbecue sauce over the meat. Bake for an additional 60 minutes with the foil open.
- Cool and slice into thin pieces.
Recipe Source : DELICIOUS OVEN COOKED BARBECUE BRISKET @ thefoodieaffair