Just throwing a few chicken breast in the crock pot with some veggies and a bit of spices you could make a quick healthy meal (that’s pretty flavorful). I have been doing that for a few nights lately and adding it with some brown rice.
- 2 ½ cups cooked Chicken Breast, shredded
- 2 cups leftover rice
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 bag of mixed veggies (16oz)
- 1 large egg
- 1 small-medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 medium bell pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup (soy sauce) I used tamari
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add oil and sesame seeds until seeds are toasted.
- Add onions, bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add egg and frozen veggies, stirring quickly for 3-4 minutes.
- Once cooked, add chicken and rice and stir constantly until the mixture is cooked through or nice and hot.
- Add tamari and mix into the stir fry, about a minute or less. Once mix through, serve hot.
Recipe Source : LEFTOVER CHICKEN STIR-FRY @ savynaturalista