The weather is getting nice, the days are long, (which means the evenings are really long), and my hectic schedule is begging me to drink a cocktail more often.
My favorite part is the pretty green color they turn. It’s not scary green, but fresh, healthy green! Like I feel like I am drinking a green juice with booze- they must neutralize each other
CUCUMBAR MINT GIN COOLERS RECIPE
- 6 ounces gin
- 1 cup cucumber cut into chunks, plus a few thinly sliced for garnish
- 12 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or beet sugar)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Chilled Club soda to cap
- In the jar of a blender, combine the cucumber chunks, the mint leaves, sugar and lemon juice. Puree until you have a smooth mixture.
- Fill two glasses with ice. Add 2 ounces of gin to each glass and the thinly sliced cucumbers. Fill the glasses to 2/3rds full with the cucumber mixture. Top with club soda and stir well.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Recipe Source : Cucumber Mint Gin Coolers @ heatherchristo