Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Mushrooms in a delicious homemade alfredo sauce. This recipe has all the flavors you’ll love: shrimp, mushrooms, garlic, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika, Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Mushrooms Recipe
Delicious seafood pasta in a homemade alfredo sauce. This creamy shrimp pasta has all the flavors you want: garlic, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika, Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. Mushrooms make this pasta really special!
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (for gluten free version, use gluten free brown rice pasta)
- 1/2 cup cooked pasta water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp (10 big shrimp or 20 small shrimp without shells, deveined)
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz mushrooms , thinly sliced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain. Reserve some of pasta water. While the pasta is cooking, prepare shrimp alfredo sauce as described in the next steps.
How to cook shrimp
- Heat a large skillet until hot – add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and immediately add garlic and shrimp.
- Cook on one side for about 1 minute until pink, on medium-high heat.
- Flip the shrimp to the other side. Sprinkle the top of cooked side of shrimp with dry basil, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until shrimp is pink on both sides.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet. If shrimp is a little undercooked – it’s OK because you will continue cooking it in the sauce.
- To the same, now empty, skillet add sliced mushrooms. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until mushrooms become soft and release juices. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt midway through cooking.
How to make shrimp Alfredo sauce:
- To the skillet with mushrooms, add cooked shrimp. Immediately add 1 cup half-and-half. Bring to boil.
- Add half the cheese (1/2 cup). Bring to boil, and immediately reduce to medium-simmer. Cook, constantly stirring, until the cheese melts.
- Gradually start adding the remaining cheese (1/2 cup), while stirring. Do not add all of the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese at once. Add just enough for the sauce to get creamy without getting too thick. You might not use all of the remaining cheese.
- Remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Add cooked and drained pasta from step 1 to the skillet with shrimp and mushrooms and cream sauce. Reheat on medium heat. Stir well.
- If the cream sauce is too thick and you want it thinner – add some pasta water in small amounts to the cream sauce (while the sauce is simmering on low-medium heat) until you reach desired consistency.
- Season with more salt and add more crushed red pepper flakes and basil, if desired.
Recipe Source : Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Mushrooms @ juliasalbum