What’s healthy about it is this…there is no refined sugar in it at all, not in the entire thing! Genius! Look at these ingredients for the cake: whole wheat pastry flour (or any flour you’d like would work), baking powder & soda, coconut oil, maple syrup, water, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar.
The chocolate sauce is made up of cacao powder, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Super easy to make. Melt the coconut oil and whisk it together with the maple and cacao powder. You can use cocoa powder but it doesn’t have the same nutritional value of cacao.
VEGAN TIRAMISU RECIPE
You won’t believe it’s vegan. Creamy, dreamy, and delicious. You can indulge in this classic fave free from eggs, dairy, and refined sugar.
- 1 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour or any flour you’d like
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pink himalayan rock salt (or sea salt)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/8 cup vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup espresso or coffee, room temperature
- 4 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup organic Florida Crystals
- 1 tsp agar flakes
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 (14 ounce) block of organic firm tofu
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of espresso or regular coffee
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a standard baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with coconut oil spray or non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl sift together all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, maple syrup, water, vanilla, and vinegar.
- Combine wet with the dry and mix well.
- Pour the batter on the baking sheet and bang it on the counter a few times.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. But you should be good at 20 minutes. It will be nice and golden.
- Once done, remove from oven, leave it in the pan and pour the espresso or coffee over the entire cake. Let the cake cool in the pan while you prepare the filling and chocolate sauce. By the time you’re done with that the espresso or coffee will be well absorbed by the cake.
- Whisk all ingredients together until well combined. Double the batch if necessary.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, put the florida crystals, agar flakes, and water and stir till dissolved and syrupy. About 5-6 minutes.
- Place tofu, coconut oil, maple syrup or agave nectar, espresso or coffee, vanilla extract, and salt into a processor. Process until creamy and well incorporated.
- Once your syrup mixture is ready pour that into the processor and run until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking. Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes minimum. (The longer in the fridge the firmer it will get, but it won’t solidify like coconut oil so it will stay creamy.)
- You can use a cake pan or cups like I did. You want to start with placing prices of the cake first. You can pour a little more espresso or coffee in there if you’d like.
- Top that with the cream filling and drizzle the chocolate sauce on top of that. Repeat process until you reach the top of the glass.
- Top Tiramisu with cocoa or cacao powder and dairy free chocolate chips (optional).
- Serve it up and Enjoy!